Social Icons

A FRESH START + JUNE GOALS

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Life has been incredibly and completely crazy as of late! Before I go into detail about the last semester and where on earth I've been, I'd like to say "hello." This post proved to be incredible long- or should I say, incredibly detailed, and so, grab yourself a cup of coffee and read about what's been going on.
Since my last post, I've finished my second semester in college, started a relationship with a really great guy and moved out! These past few months have been a whirlwind of wild, new adventures and I've learned so much about myself. I honestly don't even know where to begin explaining everything so I'll start with my second semester of college. If you want to read up on everything college related, click here.

The Spring 2016 semester was definitely a wake up call for me. Having done so well my first semester and finishing off with a 3.98 GPA, I expected my second semester to be a cinch! I took eight classes the first time and this past semester, I only took seven. My class schedule included Old Testament Literature, New Testament Literature, Global Literature, General Psychology, Fine Arts for Educators, Health Issues for Educators and Physical Education for Educators. Most of my classes were enjoyable, except for General Psychology. This class was incredibly boring and the three hours seemed to drag on. Thankfully, Debora, Brittany, Raphe and Ali made the whole thing slightly more bearable.
Aside from taking classes, I also went out with a couple of friends for lunch and coffee and then a synagogue visit for one of our classes. It was wonderful to meet other people who love Jesus and the friendships I've formed with so many of my classmates are ones that'll last a lifetime, I just know it. 

I also mentioned starting a relationship with a great guy, Angel. Telling our entire story is a bit much for an update post, but suffice it to say, he's my favorite! We met at school, during my first semester. We never had any classes together so our initial interactions were limited to meeting up in the library, and passing each other in the hallways or elevators. Since starting our relationship, it's been wonderful going to church together, meeting each other's family's and exploring the city together! 

Also!!! I moved out! I know... its a big step, but its one I made with several factors in mind. I've always been a curious person, fascinated by the world and people around me. I've always been intrigued by experiences and hoped to have my own one day: to learn from my mistakes, to find out who I am and to discover what I was meant to do. I've dreamed of living in a cute apartment in the City with brick walls and an industrial feel and that's exactly what I got! So far, since moving out, I've explored cute neighborhoods like Soho, Spanish Harlem, Williamsburg and Ridgewood. It's when I walk though these neighborhoods that I am most happy- exploring cute shops, meeting new people and buying little mementos that will remind me of my journey are what I've longed for for so long- and now, it's my reality! Plus, with Angel as my tour guide, I'm eating a ton of really delicious food! Like yes to falafel sandwiches! 

Since life has been super crazy lately, I made a couple of goals for myself to make sure I stay focused while enjoying summer. 
  • Take ALST (my first "teacher test") 
  • Volunteer with the Relief Bus regularly   
  • Post weekly on my blog 
  • Invest in a 50mm lens 
  • Film and publish a vlog 
  • Study for and take my driver’s license test
  • Go to Washington D.C
  • Participate in marathon run 
  • Workout at least 3x a week
What have you been up to lately? What are some of your summer goals? 

xoxo,
Kianna Rose

3 comments:

  1. Kianna! I loved loved, loved reading this update post of yours! So many exciting things you have going on, I feel almost as excited as I imagine you are! Congratulations on ending your first year of college! *insert confetti here* Would love to see a tour of your apartment, it sounds dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I loved this post! It sounds like you are having a very fun time :) Exploring NYC would be a blast! ^and I agree! It sound so dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. KIANNA ROSE!!! WELCOME BACK!! *tackles you with hugs and copious waffles* OMG IT'S SO GOOD TO SEE YOU BACK ON THE BLOGOSPHERE, GIRL!! hAHHA not even kidding when you said at the end of the first paragraph "grab yourself a cup of coffee" I went off to start some tea. XD (not quite the same thing...but arguably better. muahah.)

    It sounds like you've been having such a great year!! You look SO happy and new experiences are always so much fun! I WANT VLOG YES. *nods* I definitely think you should film one. ALSO ALSO YOU WILL NEVER REGRET GETTING A 50mm LENS. <3 those babies are beauts *all the weeping emojis* Welcome back again! YOU ROCK.

    lotsalove,
    abbiee

    ReplyDelete