Social Icons

FIVE {MORE} WAYS TO JAZZ UP YOUR HOT CHOCOLATE

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Do you remember this post, where I shared five of my favorite ways to jazz up the average cup of hot cocoa? Well, with winter upon us and the weather growing colder every day (or so it seems!), I've found myself drinking lots of hot chocolate lately.

More hot chocolate + same old recipes = five MORE ways to jazz up you hot chocolate
1// Add coffee! My friend Bethany put me up on adding a packet of hot chocolate power to my cup of coffee. This is a great way to add a bit more jazz to your drink and make it extra decadent! Yay for indulging!

2// Add coffee creamer. A few weeks ago I saw making a cup of coffee and the thought popped into my mind, "Why not add a fancy flavored creamer to my got chocolate?!" We had some dulce de leche creamer on hand and a few splashes of it in my cocoa was perfect!!! Or you can stir in some evaporated milk or a spoonful of condensed milk.

3// Use a different kind of milk. I know that hot chocolate is usually made with whole cow's milk, but why not switch up the milk for once? My favorite is almond, but I'm sure you could also use coconut milk! Let me know how that tastes! 

4// Make it winter-ish. Since hot chocolate is typically a winter drink, why not make your next cup extra festive with whipped cream and crushed peppermint candy canes. Plus, this looks really pretty! 

5// Put together a hot chocolate bar! If you're someone who likes to throw parties (or you like going to parties!) I'd suggest a hot chocolate bar! You can lay out a bunch of fun toppings like M&Ms and caramel syrup. You can add anything that would transform your otherwise plain jane hot cocoa fab into something super decadent! 

Did you try any of the ideas I posted last time? Do you have any suggestions on how to jazz up my next cup of cocoa? If you don't drink hot chocolate, what hot beverage do you enjoy? Tea or coffee? 
xoxo,
Kianna Rose

3 comments:

  1. Sound great :P. I think I may have had Cocoa with Coconut milk, though I think it's best with Cow's because Coconut milk is more watery.
    God Bless
    -Mic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmmy. Thank you for more great ideas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog posts always make my day :)

    (P.S. I'm supposed to notify you that I nominated you for an award on my blog:) )

    ReplyDelete